my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Friday, June 17, 2016

Birds Mae's Recipe Corner :Cheesy Vegetable Frittata

2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small  garlic clove minced
1 small zucchini, cut 1/4 inch-thick slices
8 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 cup cubed low sodium cheese
1 medium tomato diced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Heat oven to 350o F. In 10inch oven proof skillet, melt butter;saute mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini. Meanwhile, in mixing bowl,beat eggs,milk oregano, pepper sauce.Pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cover and cook,without stirring, until edges are set , about 1 to 2 minutes. Gently lift cooked portion with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow to bottom . When eggs are lightly browned on bottom, sprinkle top with cheese , tomato,and parsley. Bake about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and eggs cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.

Nutrition information:
253 calories
19 g fat
5 g carbohydrate
246 mg sodium

Variations:
I used grape seed oil to saute veggies
I used regular cheese
I omitted pepper sauce
The kids loved this I was looking for a way to include more veggies so this may be in the permanent menu!
Note: I am not sure how much sodium or fact once I changed the cheese and butter but if you follow the recipe exactly then the info still applies.
This recipe is from the Essence Brings You Great Cookbook by Jonell Nash

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.