- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 10 oz. Package spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375o F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray over medium heat . Add onion and garlic; cook,stirring, until onion is softened,
- About 5 minutes . Add jalepeno,salt ,black pepper, and cayenne; cook stirring constantly, until fragrant , about 30 seconds.
- Spread half of potatoes in prepared baking dish.Top with half of onion mixture, the Monterey Jack. Cover with remaining potatoes and onion mixture. With wide spatula ,gently press down; pour broth over top.
- I omit the salt because I am trying to lower blood pressure
- I omitted the jalapeño ,my kids won't eat it
- I use fresh spinach just because
- I use regular cheese so I'm sure fat content changed
- I used no salt added Chicken Broth so the sodium for us would be lower
2 grams fat
338 mg Sodium