Monday, September 28, 2015
I found this recipe on Pinterest I have been seriously craving some Thai food plus I thought it would be cool to actually start using some of my Pinterest recipes I have so many now, might make it a special segment of the blog we will see.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- ¼ c. vegetable or canola oil
- 1½ tsp. sesame oil
- 5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. Sriracha (more to taste)*
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ⅓ c. cilantro, chopped
- ½ c. dry roasted peanuts, chopped and whole
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook till al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, peanut butter, honey, minced garlic and minced green onion. Whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Drain the noodles and return to the same large pot. Add the sauce, red bell pepper, carrot, cilantro, peanuts, crushed red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Toss until combined, serve and garnish as desired.
About This blog
My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.