- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 green onions , diagonally sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Bring 1 cup coconut milk , 1 cup water, and salt toa boil in saucepan . Stir in rice,cover,reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and chili-garlic paste until blended.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add green onions and bell pepper.
- Cook, covered, stirrring occasionally,10 minutes, Add peanut butter, and bring to a boil, boil.. Cook ,stirrring constantly , 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
1. I used skinless chicken thighs they were cheaper
2. I used reduced fat peanut butter.
3. I used light coconut milk and boy let me tell you the rice still came out very creamy and it toned down
the rest of the recipe( I had tried another thai recipe that didn't have the coconut milk , chili garlic paste or soy sauce and I didnt care for it but this was way better on many levels!)
4. I omitted the green onions and used green bell peppers not the same contrast but it still tasted good the kids demolished. Joshua was the only one that didn't like the rice and that was strange because I have made coconut rice before.
5.I used a sesame-soy blend of oil which I can stir fry with better than the pure.
6. Finally I didn't notice untill the last moment that I had hot chili-garlic sauce instead of just the paste , actually
since I used the same amount in the recipe it didn't make it spicy like I thought so I probably will add more.
I really love this it will be on the permanent rotation not everything I make is on that list. One day I will have
to try some thai food outside of PEI WEI they are good I just want somehing to compare to it . Actually I plan on going there soon to treat Zaria for making all b's this 6 weeks and me for passing all my exams( 2 B's and 1 A.) So I plan on going hopefully during spring break.