my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, March 5, 2012

Big Picture classes: Permission to live a creative life by Courtney Walsh

I put my own spin on it a little this is sculptures from my favorite sculptor Elizabeth Catlett
she really has some beautiful work and I am always inspired by it especially for an Afircan-American woman
living a creative life back in the 1930's and 1940's.  Courtney had a lot of quotes that inspired me here are a few more that I found that resonated with me:
"What is necessary to change a person is is to change the awareness to himself."
If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being , you will probably  be unhappy  all the days of your life." both of these quotes are by Abraham Maslow
"The world is but a canvas to the imagination" Henry David Thoreau
that one was my favorite from the class.  I made pocket and put creativity prompts as well as my creative dreams. This is a copy of a painting of Aaron Douglas  I got an opportunity to include him in my History power point last semester.  I have always been inspired by his work.
This is a picture of the young Langston Hughes and this the poem "Mother to Son" (This is where I got the name for this blog)  which is obviously one of my favorites by him .  I know it seems like a sad poem but really she is saying to him in spite of what life throws at us she is still going  and I am always encouraged by this.  Ms Courtney suggested we write a pledge so here is mine:

I pledge to continue my interests in art and writing
I pledge to honor my time to be creative
I pledge to gaurd my creative efforts against unconstructive  criticisms
I pledge to not critize my efforts
I pledge to hang around other artists and writers(online groups are ok,too.)

You dont have to put this in a 6 x6 album I just need something sturdy because it sits on my countertop
so I can actually look at  it periodically (Atleast that's the goal) well I hope you enjoy your Monday got to study now!.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.