- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and devined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon losher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus extra for seasoning
- 1(15oz) can whole tomatoes,draqined roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teasoppn crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat . Add the pasta cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teasoppon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirrring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon , remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Ass the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium- low and simmer for 7 to 8 until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and seve immediately.
Note: If you dont have fresh herbs I would wait because it really isn't the same with the dried herbs.