my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, January 23, 2012

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Pat's Broccoli and Chicken Stir Fry

Ingredients
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoonrsesame oil
1/2tablespoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste, if desired
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus more as needed
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons peeled and chopped ginger
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets, blanched

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, light brown sugar,
sesame oil, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Reserve.

Set a wok over medium-high heat and coat with 1 tablespoon of peanut.  when the oil shimmers add about half of the chicken thigh pieces.  Stir-fry until chicken is fully cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.  Transfer
to aplate and repeat the proccess with the remaining chicken thighs

Add enough peanut oil to the hot wok to coat the bottom.  Add the garlic,ginger, green onions and red pepper flakes to taste and saute until fragrant, about 1 1 minute.  Add chicken  back to pan along with the brocoli florets and stir to warm through.  Pour in the reserved sauce and stir until the sauce is thickened and bubbly , about 345 seconds.  Transfer to serving and serve.

Variation:
I apologize for taking so long to post but I think this recipe will make up for it. I followed  pretty close
except I use the powder form of ginger.  I prefer the smell of it and to not be aggravated because I detest chopping ginger root.  I loved it  I would probably double everything next time , but I served this on angel hair
pasta.  Also if you go here you can watch the video that goes with this.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.