Monday, November 5, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
Here we are at subway trying to make some healthy changes. I was in the emergency room Wednesday night with a blood pressure of 134/99. If you are thinking that's high you are right it is. Thank God it's not hypertension. I feel like if I
Make the right changes now it doesn't have to get to hypertension at all. I already ordered the taste of home guilt free recipes and Mayo clinic book ion hypertension. I believe right now is the time to change. My kids need a healthy,happy mom.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Yesterday I found out a dear relative of ours has passed away. I will take a few weeks to regroup. I hope and pray everyone has a safe Spring Break.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 green onions , diagonally sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Bring 1 cup coconut milk , 1 cup water, and salt toa boil in saucepan . Stir in rice,cover,reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and chili-garlic paste until blended.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add green onions and bell pepper.
- Cook, covered, stirrring occasionally,10 minutes, Add peanut butter, and bring to a boil, boil.. Cook ,stirrring constantly , 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
Monday, March 5, 2012
she really has some beautiful work and I am always inspired by it especially for an Afircan-American woman
"What is necessary to change a person is is to change the awareness to himself."
If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being , you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life." both of these quotes are by Abraham Maslow
"The world is but a canvas to the imagination" Henry David Thoreau
I pledge to continue my interests in art and writing
I pledge to honor my time to be creative
I pledge to gaurd my creative efforts against unconstructive criticisms
I pledge to not critize my efforts
I pledge to hang around other artists and writers(online groups are ok,too.)
You dont have to put this in a 6 x6 album I just need something sturdy because it sits on my countertop
so I can actually look at it periodically (Atleast that's the goal) well I hope you enjoy your Monday got to study now!.
Friday, March 2, 2012
Two peas in a bucket called Capture 2012. So if you are looking for some new ideas for your Project Life
album I think you would like it. I did find the note taking ideas very helpful. Also her Project Life album can
be viewed if you click that button in the top right hand corner. I thought that was a good idea.
My other favorite is Vee Jenning's blog Creative Blessing for a different reason. I remember when she was
Making Memories '09 Master I thought her style stood out from the rest and actually that is true of the blog
as well ,sure she designs for Studio Calico as well, shares photos and layouts like any good scrapbooker would
but there is something very unique about and you get the sense that she is comfortable with that. She has also
been featured in Somerset Memories Magazine I love the artsy style and will be a favorite for a long time to come.
of her when spring break gets here we are definitely having a day with just us girls . She totally deserves.
Good job Zaria. You totally rock!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and devined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon losher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus extra for seasoning
- 1(15oz) can whole tomatoes,draqined roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teasoppn crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat . Add the pasta cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teasoppon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirrring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon , remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Ass the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium- low and simmer for 7 to 8 until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Friday, February 24, 2012
based on Janet Phillips self paced class atBig Pictures Classes Scrapping with no pictutres. One of the suggestions was to pick a supporting photo . The idea here is that I miss this age.. I used paper from DCWV,Basic Grey, and hobby lobby the embellishments wereSEI. I tried a different angle in this shot this one is posted in my studio space.
The other thing I love about this camera is that it is compact and yet very useful. I can take black and white shots, there is image stabilzation, and the iso is much higher(up to 3500) which makes it easier to take a shot like this on the bus or late at night if I wanted,too. This last shot is me studing for my Government exam. Which I believe I passed but I will know for sure next week. Well I have to study for my English exam today. I took my Art Appreciation exam Tuesday .It has been truly crazy. I am not sure if you can see this in the post but I included links to the places I got the paper and I got the camera fromCOSTCO they took $50 dollars off their price. You didn't need the coupon for this and I believe there is always a point and shoot camera on sale
so you may want to check it out it came with a camera case,rechargable batteries and battery charger.
I will post a recipe later on so stay tuned.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
I got Basic Grey Sweet threads and the colorful life featuring Donna Estabrook(DCWV)
I also branched out and got Me and My Big Idea Mambi papers they are truly bright like I like. That's
the project life binder I got but I decided to use some of my Basic Grey
Friday, February 3, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
have feature there likes ,too. Until next time.
Monday, January 23, 2012
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoonrsesame oil
1/2tablespoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste, if desired
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus more as needed
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons peeled and chopped ginger
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, light brown sugar,
sesame oil, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Reserve.
Set a wok over medium-high heat and coat with 1 tablespoon of peanut. when the oil shimmers add about half of the chicken thigh pieces. Stir-fry until chicken is fully cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer
to aplate and repeat the proccess with the remaining chicken thighs
Add enough peanut oil to the hot wok to coat the bottom. Add the garlic,ginger, green onions and red pepper flakes to taste and saute until fragrant, about 1 1 minute. Add chicken back to pan along with the brocoli florets and stir to warm through. Pour in the reserved sauce and stir until the sauce is thickened and bubbly , about 345 seconds. Transfer to serving and serve.
I apologize for taking so long to post but I think this recipe will make up for it. I followed pretty close
except I use the powder form of ginger. I prefer the smell of it and to not be aggravated because I detest chopping ginger root. I loved it I would probably double everything next time , but I served this on angel hair
pasta. Also if you go here you can watch the video that goes with this.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
It's a dawning of a new day time to embrace the creative parts of myself I have been neglecting , like writing poetry and mixed media. I guess I have to figure out a way to include scrapbooking as well. Why does it have to be one or the other ? Why not have all 3? I am just not at peace or content with myself unless I am doing one of those things. This year is definitely going to be interesting
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I forget about them by the time Valentine's Day rolls around. However if I set a goal I am more likely to try here
1. Try a new medium (pan pastels)
2. Try a new technique(printmaking)
3. Try a new surface(canvas panel)
I am still going to scrapbook I am planning on trying this in art journaling mostly. Over at Milliande there is
a discussion about creative intentions for the year so you can click the link and check it out . Well I want to
paint or something before the kids come from school. I don't go back to school until 1/17/12. so I want to take advantage of this.