my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SEI scrapbook album and Why I scrapbook part II

This is the front cover of the scrapbook album(Joycelyn) fromSEI but instead of paying the $30 plus shipping and handling I got a 40% off coupon fromHOBBY LOBBY.  So I only paid $20 plus tax.  Still  a whole lot
cheaper and my need for instant gratification was met.As you can see the colors are pretty neutral and they
come with sketches so you don't have to  do a whole lot outside of embellishing which is what I will be doing. I find it very ironic that I use to look down my nose at this since I had been scrapbooking for 6 years now
and thought I should be advanced enough to do my own sketches.  What I quickly came to realize when I went back to school this semester is that I just don't have that kinda time anymore since I have to actually
bond with the kids in the photos that I am scrapbooking about! Here are the other reasons I try to keep doing this lovely hobby of mine:

  • Stress release
  • Self expression
  • I dread the idea of my kids not remembering the good things
  • I dread the idea that I may not remember the good stuff
  • It combines two things I love :writing and photography
  • I would say that it taps into my inner child or some deep psychological benefit but truthfully it just makes me really happy for reasons I  can't quite put my finger on.
So there you have it my new  work-in-progress and my reasons to continue going to Hobby lobby.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.