- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4(6inch)corn tortillas, cut 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2(32-ounce)containers chicken broth
- 1(14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes,undrained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained and chopped
- 10 ounce can greentomatoes with green chiles undrained
- 1 tablespoon gound cumin
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Garnishes:shredded Montery Jack cheese, sour cream
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a Duthc oven over medium-high heat. Add tortilla pieces and next3 ingredients: saute'5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil:reduceheat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Discard Bay leaf.
- Heat1/2 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat: add tortilla strips; and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels To serve, ladle soup in bowls . Top each seving with tortilla strips . garnish if desired.
I didn't use the bay leaf and it was still a big hit when I ran out of the fried tortilla chips I did decide to bake
them instead which was pretty good,also . I am thinking about making it again this weekend since it's actually
cold enough to enjoy it.