my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, November 14, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner: Coca cola Cakea

make 15 serving

prep 20 min Bake 35 min


  • 2 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 2 cups sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup of cola soft drink
  • 2 tablsepoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cups miature marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 2 arge eggs lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon  vanilla extract
  • Cola frosting
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
  1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Bring cola , butter, and cocoa to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Gradually stir into flour mixture.  Stir in marshmallow and next 3 ingredients.  Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 inch. pan.
  3. Bake at 350o for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Spread Cola Frosting over warm cake; top pecans
   Cola Frosting 
1/2 cup butter or margarine
6 tablespoons cola soft drink
3 tablespoons cocoa
1(16-ounce)package powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a  boil in a large saucepan over medium heat , stirring constantly until buttter melts ;remove from heat .  Add sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth.

Quick Cola Cake:  Omit first 10 ingredients.  Beat 1(18.25-ounce)package Swill chocolate cake mix,1 (10 oz.) bottle of cola soft drink, 1/2 cup veetable oi, and 4 large  eggs at low speed with an electric mixer until blended... Beat at medium speed 3 more minutes  pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan.  Bake at 350o
for 45 minutes.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.