my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend edition:Birda Mae's Recipe Corner Maple Bacon Oven Pancake

Makes 8 servings
Prep:3 minutes   Bake 17 minutes


  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups all -purpose baking mix
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups(6ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese divided
  • 12 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
  1. Combibe first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.  Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.  Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking dish.
  2. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes.   Sprinkle pancake with remaining 1 cup  cheese and bacon ; bake 3to 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean .  Cut into squares , and serve with maple syrup.
Variations:
None really but I will say this was off the chain!  I don't normally try new recipes before going to church 
because I want the  proper amount of time and space in case I have to redo it  but this turned out great
as you can see in the picture (This was the first run)  After church the polished it of so good I made another 
batch.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.