Prep:35 min cook 5 min Bake:35 min
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper,chopped
- 2 tablespoons,vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1(103'4-ounce)can cream of chicken soupm undiluted
- 1(103/4-ounce)can creamof mushroom soup
- 1(10-ounce)can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 (6inch) corn totillas
- 2 cups (8ounces)shreded cheddar cheese, divided
- Saute' onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium -high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients; remove from heat.
- Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces; layer one-third of tortilla pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake casserole at 350o for 30-35 minutes.
You can substitute low fat soups and baked tortillas if you are tryng to lower fat. Definitely a dish on my
permanent menu since everyone ate it.(My menu is pretty flexible I try new dishes as often as I can but
when I find one that is quick and not to expensive I hang on to it) My older daughter suggested a Mexican
menu for Thanksgiving and I think this is the best idea ever. I will of course share some more traditional recipes for you the blog readers . Look for future posts on the weekend for the next 7-8 weeks for sure. Thank you for stopping by and until next week stay gold!