my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Friday, October 28, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:King Ranch Chicken Casserole

Makes 6 to 8 servings
Prep:35 min cook 5 min Bake:35 min


  • 1 large onion,chopped
  • 1 large green bell pepper,chopped
  • 2 tablespoons,vegetable oil
  • 2 cups chopped chicken
  • 1(103'4-ounce)can cream of chicken soupm undiluted
  • 1(103/4-ounce)can creamof mushroom soup
  • 1(10-ounce)can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
  • 1teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
  • 12 (6inch) corn totillas
  • 2 cups (8ounces)shreded cheddar cheese, divided



  1. Saute' onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium -high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients; remove from heat.
  2. Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces; layer one-third of tortilla pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.  Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice.
  3. Bake casserole at 350o for 30-35 minutes.
Variation:
You can substitute low fat soups and baked tortillas if you are tryng to lower fat.  Definitely a dish on my
permanent  menu since everyone ate it.(My menu is pretty flexible I try new dishes as often as I  can but
when I find one that is quick and not to expensive I hang on to it)  My older daughter suggested a Mexican
menu for Thanksgiving and I think this is the best idea ever.  I will of course share some more traditional recipes for you the blog readers .  Look for future posts on the weekend for the next 7-8 weeks for sure.  Thank you for stopping by and until next week stay gold!

1 comment:

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh my this looks yummy!

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.