my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner: Thai Chicken Soup

Ingredients
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons green curry paste
6 cups low sodium broth
1(15oz) can coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
4 oz. thin rice noodles broke in to pieces
2 small chicken breasts (1 1lb)
very thinly crosswise
1 tablespoon fresh lime plus more to taste
1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirringoccasionally until softend and lightly browned (about 8 minutes)  Add the garlic and curry paste and cook  stirring  1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce, cover and bring to a boil.

Add the bell peppers and nooodles and simmer uncovered , until noodles are al dente.  Add the chicken and boil until meat is no longer pink.  Stir in lime juice and cilantro.  Add more fish sauce if desired.

Variation:
I used red curry paste because that's what  I had on hand , green bell peppers instead of the red.  The picture is the second batch of this soup I made in the first batch I used chicken thighs  and in both batches I used light coconut milk.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.