Skip to main content

Big Picture Classes: When you don't have a photo by Janet Phillips


One of the suggestions for a layout when you
don't have a photo was to go to the internet and use a photo.(I'm sure Flikr has some images under the Creative common license.)
I think this was a pretty cool idea I had already taken
the kids to see the Smurfs but hadn't thought about lugging a camera with me.  So this was an opportunity
to preserve a story that would otherwise be lost. Plus it gave me a chance to use those brads that were shaped like a burger and fries I got from Eyelet outlet
The journaling reads as follows:

I had a bit of a health scare that night . Some unknown symptom. It was hard to enjoy the movie, which is  ironic becuz the movie reminded me to enjoy just that!  I got the movie stickers fromhobby lobby and the journaling strip was the American Crafts brand..
I can't wait to try that Amy Tan decorative tape that they have (mixed tape).  Now that my 8 week class has
started at the local community college, I really have come to appreciate shopping online!  The kids seemed way more enthusiastic about the happy meal from McDonalds  just another reminder to parents that kids really do enjoy the simple things and it really is the quality of the time you spend with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…