my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flow (and an art journal page)

Have you ever had one of those days,were creatively speaking , things just seem to fall effortlessly in place?Now this may not seem like a strange phenomenon  or even an idea worth bringing up. However, if you are like me,a mother trying to have more than 15 minutes of uninterrupted time to create, it's like trying to finda diamond buried in your hall closet. The odds of that happening seems slim at best.One day this summer,thank the Lord , I found it!  . Zaria slept in  longer than usual and right about now the time she did wake up ,  Joshua , who had gotten up earlier than he normally does, actually went to sleep.
I couldn't have asked for a better block of time had I prayed for it!  With only one child to entertain/distract at a time  I managed to:

  • make a couple of sheets of patterned paper
  • make back grounds for my art journal(the above page was one of the results)
  • Begin a writing project for church
  • I even had a moment to check out this blog
The last time I flet this good about something related to creativity , is the one time I had more than $35 to spend at Hobby Lobby and they seemed to have a sale on several things I was looking for . However this was better because I didn't have to spend a thing to get the same result.  So how do you feel when you get that block of uninterrupted time to create  or just be?  What was the results?

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.