my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe corner:Stuffed Peppers

                                         I got this image from here

  • 6 small to medium peppers red or green ,13/4to 2 pounds
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt1/2 teaspoon of pepper
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup water



  1. Preheat oven to 350o.  Cut tops from peppers and remove seeds and ribs, keeping peppers whole.  Brush outside of peppers. with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
  2. In a medium frying pan, heat remaining olive over medium heat.  Add onion and cook stirring to break up lumps, until it begins to lose its pinkness, 5to7 minutes.
  3. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and onion to a medium bowl.  Add rice,parsley, Parmesan cheese, and egg.  Toss to mix.  Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Stuff peppers, with rice and sausage filling, mounding top slightly.  Place peppers in a 13x9 inch baking
  5. dish.  Mix tomato sauce with water and pour into dish around peppers. Bake 45 minutes.
 Variation:
I used ground beef in mine I didn't really care for pouring that tomato sauce and water in the pan, but
I got the recipe from  the 365 Easy Italian Recipes cookbook.  I love this cookbook ,honey, believe me when
I tell you it's the best 4 dollars I spent on amazon it's just that I should have fixed them like Birda Mae use to
 she put the tomato sauce in the pepper with the stuffing and they were awesome.  My Amazon clicky thing isn't working  I apologize that's why I included the image.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.