- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine(1 stick) softened.
- Preheat oven to 325o. In food processor with knife blade attached, process walnuts with 1/2 cup flour until nuits are finely ground.
- In medium bowl,combine remaining 1 cup flour, sugar, and walnut mixture and stir until blended.
- With fingertips, blend butter into walnut mixture until well combined and crumbly. With hand, press dough onto bottom of 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake until light golden, 25to 30 minutes. While still warm,cut into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into6 pieces. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool,with small metal spatula, carefully remove cookies from pan.