I got this image from here
- 1 1/1 cups whole hazelnuts or 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 pound(1 to 1 1/2inch)frozen stuffed ravioli
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves,or 1 teaspoon dried basil and 1/3 cup chopped parsley Grated Parmesan cheese
- If using hazelnuts,preheat oven to 350o. Spread nuts outon a baking sheet and raost 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and dark skins are cracked. remove from oven and rub in a kitchen towel to remove as much brown skin as possible. Wrap ina clean towel and use rolling pin to gently crazk nuts into medium-size chunks.
- Cook ravioli as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, melt butter over medium -low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir basil and remove from heat.
- Drain ravioli and pour into a warmed large bowl. Add sauce and toss together. Pass a bowl of Parmesan cheese on the side.
! I used walnuts of course and the dried basil with parsely. I think the Italian flat leaf parsely was a better presentation but I will have to make it again with fresh basil it just isn't the same. Lori and James this recipe
is dedicated to you my Californian vegetarian friends!