my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, August 15, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Ravioli with basil and nuts


                                            I got this image from here
  • 1 1/1 cups whole hazelnuts or 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts
  • 1 pound(1 to 1 1/2inch)frozen stuffed ravioli
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves,or 1 teaspoon dried basil and 1/3 cup chopped parsley Grated Parmesan cheese
  1. If using hazelnuts,preheat oven to 350o.  Spread nuts outon a baking sheet and raost 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and dark skins are cracked.  remove from oven and rub in a kitchen towel to remove as much brown skin as possible.  Wrap ina clean towel and use rolling pin to gently crazk nuts  into medium-size chunks.
  2. Cook ravioli as directed on package.
  3. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, melt butter over medium -low heat.  Add nuts and cook, stirring, 1 minute.  Stir basil and remove from heat.
  4. Drain ravioli and pour into a warmed large bowl.  Add sauce and toss together.  Pass a bowl of Parmesan cheese on the side.
Variations
! I used walnuts of course  and the dried basil with parsely.  I think the Italian flat leaf parsely was a better presentation but I will have to make it again with fresh basil it just isn't the same.  Lori and James this recipe
is dedicated to you my  Californian vegetarian friends!

1 comment:

girlichef said...

That ravioli sounds and looks killer! Wish I had some for lunch... ;)

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.