my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Picture Classes:Permission to live a Creative Life (Courtney Walsh)

Good morning.  I have some terrible handwriting.  This page two of the class project where our instructor asks us to write a letter about any guilt we may be feeling about taking time and space to create.  I could really relate
to this over the summer I really had to work to find  a moment where I could be creative.   School started for us to day so I don't feel like I am depriving my kids of quality time.     Here's what I wrote:I use to feel guilty about being creative I didn't feel like I should make anything unless someone else approved it or it was a gift for someone else(I.E a card or decoupage box etc)   It's taken  awhile ,but I am coming into the realization
that I have to nuture this part of me in order to be a whole, happy mommy and I may never get approval
so I feel better about creating.
This is a self paced course atBig Picture Classes besides the fact that it's just $10  I don't seemto do so well
with a scheduled time.  I like to volunteer with different minstries at church ,I am in a play   and besides getting
the kids ready for school I am taking a 8 wee course in October so I will have to make this adaptable to my
life right now.   The Big Idea Workshop is s till going I really liked Amy Sorenson's word and her blog.  I'll be
back I am still working on my mini album

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.