my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Asian Honey Sesame Chicken

                                                  I got this image from Here

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoon  Cricsco
  • 2 Tablespoon seasame oil
  • 2 Tablespoon honey
  • 2 green onions
  • 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
Directions:

  1. Rinse chicken pat dry.  Combine all remaining ingredients in a large resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Seal. Refrigerate 4hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
  2. Heat oven to 350oF.  Pour 1/2 cup marinade into 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.  Add chicken.
  3. Discard remaing marinad.  Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and reaches an internal temp of 165o.


Variation:
I use chicken wings , increased the amount of honey to 1/4 cup and omitted the green onion
The kids absolutely loved it! I will be making this again with chicken thighs since they are  cheaper than wings.
This recipe is linked up to Just Something I whipped up,Mouthwatering Mondays,Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.Whatcha Makin' Wed

2 comments:

Six said...

This looks amazing! We found your blog through a link party and are your newest followers! We would love to have you follow us back!

www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

thailand villas said...

The dish looks scrumptious. The sesame seed and sweet glaze is an added points.

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.