my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Friday, May 13, 2011

Bonus Recipe:Texas Style Enchilada Casserole

                                             I got this image from here
Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground chuck
  • 1/2 medium size red onion chopped
  • 1(4oz) can diced green chile
  • 12(6inch) corn tortillas, cut in 1 inch pieces
  • 1(103/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
  • 1(21/4 ounce can sliced ripe black olives
  • 1 cup mild enchilada sauce
  • 1/2 cup  sour cream
  • 1 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese
  • Toppings shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes


Directions:

  1. 1. Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink . Drain Well
  2. Place beef mixture in a large bowl.  Stir in tortilla pieces, next ingredients, and 1 cup  cheese, spoon  mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.  Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup of cheese
  3. Bake at 400o for up20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Variations:
The second time I made this I left out the  red onion it was a little too "twangy" for me I used light sour cream(I strongly recommend Daisy  I went generic the first time and boy did I regret it) , replaced Rotel for
the green chiles and used reduced fat cheese . I am making this again tonight I just love the fact that there is
no layering or rolling.!  (Sorry took me so long to get back y'all but I hurt my back yesterday and I am feeling better today)

1 comment:

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.