Skip to main content

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Strawberry cream cheese cupcakes

                                                         I got this image from Here

Ingredients:
1 box betty Crocker Supermoist  yellow cake mix
1 container (8oz.) sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
3 tablsespoons strawberry preserves
1 package 3 (oz) cream cheese , cut into 24 pieces
1 container(1lb) cream cheese ready to spread frosting
Sliced fresh small strawberris ,  if desired

Directions

1.Heat oven to 350o(325o for dork or nonstick pans.) Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.

2.In a large bowl, mix cake mix, sour cream oil water and eggs with spoon until well blended(batter will be thick.)  Divide batter evenly amon muffin cups (about2/3 full).

3. In small bowl, stir preserves until smooth.  Place 1 piece of cream cheese on top ofe each cupcake, press into batter slightly.  Spoon1/4 measuring teaspoon preserves on top of cream cheese in each cupcake.
4.  Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until  tops are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched in center(some preserves may show in topos of cupcakes.)  Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

5. Frost cupcakes with frosting.  Just before serving, garnish each cupcake with strawberry slices.  Store covered in refrigerator.

I got this recipe fromBetty Crocker Fix-with-a-Mix Desserts  I got it for 8 bucks from the half price book store.  My copy wasn't used apparently they get  new books as well.  I was anxious to try something from this cookbook.
In my haste I forgot to put the sour cream and probably  added to much water.  Dont buy sugar free
preserves , either because it  makes a difference my cupcakes looked like a hot mess! I apologize about
last weekI found out at the last moment that my son had two award cermonies and while I was pleasantly surprised      I discovered how  disorganized I have gotten since I am doing this(blogging) and work with 2 ministries at church.  Just because I have the Wonder Woman theme song on my playlist doesn't mean I really
am a superhero.  All that to say I will post the linky list this Tuesday, but starting June 211st I will take each
3rd Tuesday off so I can get the time and space I need  for my family, friends, church, and those creative dreams that seem to get pushed to the back burner..

This recipe is linked up to Just Something I whipped up,Tempt my Tummy Tuesday                                                                                                                                              
Tuesdays at the Table, and Whatcha Makin' Wed.

Comments

YUM! These look really good! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/
Amy said…
These cupcakes look delicious and beautiful. I would love to try one, or maybe 2 or 3! YUM!

BTW, I'm hosting 2 Giveaways on my blog. One for $50 Thrive Products and the other is Baking molds and more. Please stop by to enter if you're interested. Thanks.

Amy
http://utry.it
Kathryn said…
These look and sound so delicious!Please share your recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!

http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-chocolate-coconut-muffins

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…