Here I go again with Cajun food! This segement of my blog is named after my grandmother(Birda Mae) who passed away November '09. So from time to time I will post something creole or cajun since this reminds me of her I felt like this was the best way to honor her memory but keeping the tradition of good cooking going.
- 1 cup water
- 1 14 oz can fat free , less sodium broth
- 6 oz. uncooked linguine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 11/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 8 oz package pre sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley.
- Combine 1 cup water and broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Break pasta in half add to pan. Bring mixture toa boil. Cover,reeduce, heat , and simmer for 8 minutes. Add shrimp to pan. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp is done:drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and pepper to pan; saute 4 minutes or until moisture evaporates, Add flour seasoniong and salt to a pan; saute 30 seconds. Stir in half and half, cook. 1minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Removefrom heat. Add past mixture and parsley to pan, toss.
I omitted the flour and broth and bell pepper . I substitued Ragu' Light Parmesan sauce and frozen sweet peas so I wouldn't have to chop anything. Plus I don't think my kids would've ate the bell pepper. Also I forgot the
linguine and used good old spaghetti since I have like a gazillion of them in my pantry.This recipe is linked up to Just Something I Whipped up,Mouthwatering Mondays,Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Night Supper Club and Whatcha Makin Wed