my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bonus Recipe:New Orleans Beignets

                                               I got this image from here

Ingredients:

  • 1(1/4-oz)envelope active dry yeast
  • 11/2 cups warm water
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 6 to 7 cups breadflour
  • vegetable oil
  • sifted powdered sugar
Directions:

  1. 1.Make the yeast mixture. Combine yeast, 1/2 cup warm water,and 1 tsp granulated sugar,in a bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer. Let stand 5 minutes.  Add milk, eggs,salt and remaining granulated sugar.
  2. Form a dough. Microwave remaining 1 cup water until hot, stir shortening until heated.  Add to yeast
  3. mixture.  Beat at low speed, gradually Add 4 cups flour until smooth.  Gradually add remaining 21/2 to 3 cups flour, beating until sticky dough forms.  Tranfer to a lightly greased bowl turn to grease tip.  Cover and chill 4 to  24 hours.
  4. Roll and cut.  Turn dough out  onto a floured surface, roll to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
  5. Fry until golden, Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a dutch oven heat to 350o.  Fry dough in
  6. batches 2 to 3 minutes on each side ,  Drain on a wire rack . Dust immediately with powdered sugar.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.