my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner: Easy Peach Cobbler

I couldn't wait anymore for that hint of cinnamon, the bit of crust and the sticky sweet peaches. Peach cobbler
has always been one of my favorite desserts.Birda Mae,my grandmother that passed away, was the queen of
baked goods. Especially peach cobbler.  Of course I still miss her ,but  atleast I have memories of her in the
kitchen making this . I hope you enjoy the following recipe, I found an easy version that I think you guys will like,also. Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup all -purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar divided
  • 1tablespoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4cups of fresh peach slices
  • 1tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg(optional)
Directions:

  1. Melt butter in 13x9inch baking dish
  2. Combine flour,1cup sgar,baking powder,and salt;add milk,stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter.(do not stir)
  3. Bring remaining 1 cup sugar,peach slices,and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly pour over batter  (do not stir) sprinke with cinnamon , if desired.
  4. Bake  at 375o for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Variation:
I used canned peaches, and I didn't have any lemon juice but I thought it came out pretty good , I will definitely be making this again .(with the lemon juice, of course!)
this recipe is linked to :Tuesday Night supper Club,Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays,Mothwaterin'Mondays andWhatcha Makin' Wed.

2 comments:

Shu Han said...

thanks for dropping by my blog! this looks so yummy i want to go out and buy some peaches now ><

Christy said...

i had a challenge from one of my husband's friends for a great peach cobbler. i am going to give yours a try! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.