has always been one of my favorite desserts.Birda Mae,my grandmother that passed away, was the queen of
baked goods. Especially peach cobbler. Of course I still miss her ,but atleast I have memories of her in the
kitchen making this . I hope you enjoy the following recipe, I found an easy version that I think you guys will like,also. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all -purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4cups of fresh peach slices
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg(optional)
- Melt butter in 13x9inch baking dish
- Combine flour,1cup sgar,baking powder,and salt;add milk,stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter.(do not stir)
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar,peach slices,and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly pour over batter (do not stir) sprinke with cinnamon , if desired.
- Bake at 375o for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
I used canned peaches, and I didn't have any lemon juice but I thought it came out pretty good , I will definitely be making this again .(with the lemon juice, of course!)
this recipe is linked to :Tuesday Night supper Club,Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays,Mothwaterin'Mondays andWhatcha Makin' Wed.