my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner: Lemony Sour-Cream Cookies

First of all I apologize about the last few weeks .  Funny thing about AT&T  they will cut you if you
get to far behind.  I resolved that issue but there was alot of miscommunication and technical difficulties,but
I don't want this to look like a rant against them (they do still have good customer service).  On to the
recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon butter or margarine softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
1/2teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.Grease two large  cookie sheets.  In small bow, combine flour,baking soda, and salt.
  2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium spee, beat butter until creamy,Gradually add sugar , and beat until light and fluffy.  Beat in sour cream, lemon peel, and vanilla.  Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture until blended.
  3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons,inch apart , on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until cookies are set and edges are golden,10 to 12 minutes
  4. ,through baking;  Cool to cookie sheets on wire rack 1 minute.  With wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racls to cool completely.
  5. Repeat with remaining dough.
Variation:
I squeezed lemon juice into the dough instead of adding the lemon peel because I wanted to really be able
to taste the lemon not just have a hint.   I actually had to squeeze quite a bit to taste it but this is just my
preference.    Also this was different from the other Sour Cream Cookie(see 1/6/11 post for that recipe) ,in the fact that it didn't have
a cake like texture which I like better but the taste was pretty good .  Stay tuned for the linky list.
I am linking up with the following:Hearth and Soul,Tuesday Night Supper Club,Tempt My Tummy

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.