my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bonus Recipe: drop sugar cookies

                                             I got this image from here

Ingredients:
11/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspooon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine(1 stick) softenened
1 cup surgar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


  1. Preheat oven to 3500.In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg
  3. and vanillauntil blended.  Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until combined scraping bowl with rubber spatula .
  4. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, 2 inches apart , in tow ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake until edges are browned , 10 to 12 minutes, rotating coookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking. with wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
  5. Repeat with  remaining dough.
I aint gone lie I didn't do any of that rotating stuff I wasn't feeling well( still dont feel great) but I thought
what the hey I'll bake them( the kids something .Neeedless to say they weren't my best not that the recipe
was difficult I just wasn't feeling it.   I ordered my cord from Amazon so as soon as I get that I can go back to
posting my own pictures of cooking adventures!

6 comments:

girlichef said...

I love simple sugar cookies...always a fave around here. Thanks for sharing them w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

a moderate life said...

Hi Birdie Mae! Sugar cookies are some of my favorite comfort food eats! So simple and delicious with a cup of tea or a nice glass of milk! Thanks so much for linking to the hearth and soul hop this week! All the best, Alex

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

Thanks guys

Melynda said...

I totally love sugar cookies, thanks. I have not (and yeah probably never will) mastered the whole roll out and cut sugar cookie!

Miriam said...

My kids and husband would love these, they are cookie addicts. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

21st Century Housewife© said...

I like the sound of these, especially as they don't have to be rolled out. A great recipe for busy days!

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.