1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon soda
1/4 ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine(1 stick)softened
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400o Grease large cookie sheet
- In medium bowl,combine flour,baking powder,,salt,baking soda,and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed,beat butter and 1 cup sugar until creamy,;occasionall;y scrapping bowl with rubber spatula. beat in egg and vanilla, and sour cream, until well combined. With mixer at low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended, occcasionally scraping bowll.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2inches apart, on prepared cookie sheet,Sprinkle lightly with some of the remaining sugar. Bake until edgesare lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. With wide spatual, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining, dough and sugar.
When I took one bite of these I knew I would be adding 15 -20 minutes to my workouts! They do have a
cake like texture. They remind me of my Grandmother(Birda Mae)'s teacakes! She was one of those cooks
that didn't really follow a recipe too, often(Except for 7 up cakes) So this is the closest thing I found. The kids inhaled them I had to make another batch yesterday because Joshua didn't get that many and he barely
got some the second time . I may have to make them again. Enjoy!