Skip to main content

Birda Mae's recipe Corner:Cranberry nut muffins


Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 egg, beaten

1. Heat oven to 400oFe. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and, salt; mixwell.

2.In small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; beat well. Add to flour mixture all at once;stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.(Batter will lumpy.) Divide batter evenly into greased muffin cups..
3. Bake at 400o F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. cool 1 minute; remove from pan. Serve warm.

Variations
1 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 cup -3/4 cups walnuts.
or Add 3/4 acups of chocolate chips with flour. Before baking , sprinkl batter in cups witha a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.

This is what I call breakfast! This was the perfect compliment to my Brazilian Blend coffee! I love this plate I got it for a dollar at theHome Goods Store last month . Home Goods is a store affiliated with T J Maxx and Marshall's. So if you have been in the section of those stores that sell dishes,rugs etcc...just picture a store like this but multiplied by 4! The plate is from Portugal how cool is this! Proof positive that I am not a person who is hard to satisfy!
This recipe is linked up to:
Hearth and Soul,Tempt My Tummy,Delectable Tuesday,Tuesday Night Supper Club and Whatcha Makin'Wed
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Christy said…
I love muffins - and so do my kids, the only problem is they don't do nuts - weird huh? I know I would like these thanks for linking to the Hearth and Soul Hop!
I had a good breakfast this morning but they sure don't compare to this! Delicious!!

Thanks for sharing at the Hearth and Soul hop.
Christy said…
these look yummy! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…