- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7(4-ounce) semisweet chocolate,chopped and divided
- 2Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all vegetable shortening
- In a small saucepan,heat cream over medium heat until tiny bubbles form.
- In a large bowl,place5 chopped chocolate bars Pour cream over chocolate,and stir in butter. Cover
- and chill about 4 hours or until firm enough to roll. Roll into aobut 21(1 1/2inch ) balls Chill about 1hour until firm.
- In a large bow.,combine remaining 2 chopped chocolate bars and shortening. Microwave on High in 30 second intervals,stirring between each ,until melted smooth(about1 1/2 minutes total.)
- Using a fork,dip each ball in melted chocolate mixture. Shake off excess,and place on a wire rack. Spoon excess melted chocolate mixture into a pastry bag with a small opening,and pipe swirls on each truffle. Let truffles stand until chocolate sets. Store ,covered in freezer.