Skip to main content

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Creole Shrimp Pasta

Ingredients:                                                        
1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium size shrimp
2 teaspoons  Creole seasoning
12 ounces of uncooked Fettuccine pasta
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
4 green onions sliced
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon of hot sauce
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup(2 ounces)freshley grated Parmesan cheese

Peel shrimp, and devein   If desired . Toss shrimp with creole seasoning set aside.
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm

Melt butter in alrge skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp, and cook,stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. .  Remove shrimp from skillet .Add greem pmopms amd garlic to skillet; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.   Reduce heat to medium ;stir in cream and hot sauce.  Bring to a boil;reduce heat; and simmer, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.  Stir in shrimp and parsley.  Toss with pasta  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately.

Variations
1.   You can substitute 3  chicken breasts for the shrimp and use penne pasta instead of the fetticcine
2.   You can omit the whipping cream and butter . Use Ragu light Parmesan Alfredo sauce if you are cutting calories.  Substitute linguine for  fettuccine.
This week we are linked up to :Hearth and Soul,Tuesday Night Supper club,Tasty Tuesdays,Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays,Delectable Tuesdays,Whatcha Makin' Wed

Comments

There is just nothing better than shrimp in a cream sauce over pasta - salivating!
cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said…
Thanks glad you liked it
girlichef said…
Mmmmm...sounds magical! Warming my cold toes up right now ;) So glad you shared it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week...now, if only I could reach in and grab a bowl!
I'd like to order up a large bowl please! Perfect for a cold winter night. Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…