my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner: Simple Sweet and Sour Chicken

                                             I got the image from here

Ingredients

1(101/2-oz.) pkg. frozen chicken niggets
1  tablespoon oil
1 green bell pepper, cut into squares
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/2 cup  purchased sweet and sour sauce
1(8-oz) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice, undrained

1. Prepare chicken nuggets as directed on package.
2. Mean while , heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat until hot.   Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until crisp -tender.  Stir in sweet and sour sauce and pineapple; cook untill thoroughly heated .   Serve over  chicken nuggets.  I got the recipe from this cookbook.


Pillsbury: One-Dish Meals Cookbook: More Than 300 Recipes for Casseroles, Skillet Dishes and Slow-Cooker Meals I am linking this recipe to :www.girlichef.com,Tuesday Night Supper club,Tasty Tuesdays,Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays,and Whatcha Makin Wed.

I went to Best buy to get another Usb  cord they said what they have online is different from what they actually had in the store(Even though I had called that location a week before they said they have them) all that to say until I get another one I will have to find images so this one doesn't match.  I would recommend not using the pineapples in this recipe.  Unless you really like that extremely  tangy taste.(and this is coming from someone who use to put salt on her sour pickles!).  Using the nuggets did cut down on the time but I will
probably use chicken tenders  that I've fried and I prefer Kraft Sweet and Sour ( Or Lachoy's duck sauce
a little less tangy more orange flavored)

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I love sweet and sour chicken, but stopped ordering it out because it's not the healthiest choice. Making it at home gives you much more control over that. Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

Sounds delicious!

girlichef said...

Oh, sweet and sour chicken is one of my favorite throw-back meals...sounds wonderful :D Thanks for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week!

Alea said...

I love sweet and sour anything! This looks like a recipe that would be easy to put together.

Christy said...

well...i don't think it could be any easier than this. sweet and sour is a fave of mine...thank you for linking it up to tuesday night supper club

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.