my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sourdough Stuffing with Apricots and Pecans Bonus recipe

Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine (Winter comfort food issue, January February 2010)   My Usb cord  went out so I will have a Bonus recipe until I get another cord for  one or both of my cameras.  The recipe comes from November/December 2010 5th Anniversary Special Edition
which is still on news stands.

Ingredients

6 cups(1/2 inch) cubed sourdough bread(about 3/4 pound)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablesppons butter,divided
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon  chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 large eggs,beatean
2cups unsalted chicken  stock

1.Preheat oven to 350o . On a large baking sheet,place bread cubes in a single layer.  Bake 10 minute or until toasted.
2.In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.  Add onion and celery ,cook 6 minutes or until tender.
3.In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, onion mixture,apricots,pecans, parsley,salt.,pepper,poultry seasoning, eggs and stock.  Spoon mixture into an 11x7inch or a shallow 2-quart baking dish.  Melt remaining 1 Tablespooon butter; drizzle over stuffing . Bake ,unconvered ,35-to 40 minutes or until set , lightly covering with foil  to prevent excess browning during the last 10 minutes of baking time, if necessary.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I'm glad you stopped by and I would love to link up with you tonight. I am now following you and I hope that you can follow me back. See you around soon at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.