my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, November 22, 2010

Puffy Cheese Pastries(Bonus Recipe:Holiday Edition)

Paula Deen'S Holiday, Special 2008 Issue This recipe is from the Nov/Dec 2010 5th Anniversary not the 2008 I just wanted an image

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup finely  chopped pecans
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2(17.3-ounce) boxes frozen puff pastry thawed
1 large egg lightly beaten

1. In a medium bowl, combine cheeses,pecans and paprika.
2.On a lightly floured surface, rollout each sheet of puff pastry into a 12x10inch rectangle. Brush each with lightly beaten egg. Sprinkle  cheese mixture evenly over each rectangle,leaving 1/2 inch border.  Roll up each pastry jelly roll fashion,beginning with long side,pressing edges to seal .  Wrap each roll in heavy duty plastic
wrap,, and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour or up to 2 days.
3. Preheat oven to 425o . Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Unwrap rolls, and cutinto 1/4 inch thick slices.  Place on prepared baking sheets, adn bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown  Let cool on pans ,and cool on wire racks . Serve warm or at room temperature

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.