my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Old-Fashioned Gingerbread

Prep time 20 minutes  cook time 40 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter or margarine,softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teasoppons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon gound cinnamon
1 cup hot water

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy
Gradually add sugar
beat well.  Add molasses and egg,beat well.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients;add to butter mixture alternately with hot water,beginning and ending with flour mixture.  Mix at low speed  after each addition until  blended.
Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9inch pan.  Bake at 350o for 35-40 minutes or until
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.   Cool slightly in a pan on a wire rack.  My batteries went
out on my camera so I got this image fromwww.recipe.com who had a lot of gingerbread recipes to choose from.  I am also linking up to www.girlichef.com,www.blessedwithgrace.net,www.weloveiowa.blogspot.com.
www.somedaycrafts.blogspot.com,andwww.hungerandthirstforlife.blogspot.com

4 comments:

girlichef said...

Sticky gingerbread is one of my most favorite things of the season...this sounds like a great recipe! Thank you for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

Thanks for stopping by and tweeting this!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Yum! Looks delicious! Thanks!

Melynda said...

Love love love gingerbread, this one has no cloves, so I will try it, soon. Thanks.

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.