Skip to main content

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Alfredo Shrimp and Linguine

Pillsbury: One-Dish Meals Cookbook: More Than 300 Recipes for Casseroles, Skillet Dishes and Slow-Cooker Meals

Ingredients:

  • 8oz.uncooked linguine broken into thirds
  • 11/2 cups frozen sweet peas
  • 3/4 cups refrigerated light Alfredo sauce
  • 1/4 cup fat-free halfand half or skim milk
  • 1lb. shelled deveined, cooked medium shrimp
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper 
In large saucepan, cook linguine to desired doneness as directed on package, addding peas. during  last 2-3minutes of cooking time. Pour into colandar to drain.

In same saucepan over low heat, combine Alfredo sauce,half and half, shrimp ,basil and pepper, mix well.  Add cooked linguine and peas; cook2 to 4 minutes or until throughly heated, stirring constantly.

I know this called for the fat free half and half but I used the regular and I added some garlic salt so it wouldn't be  bland but  2 out of my 3 kids ate it so that's a pretty good ratio!   I recently got this cookbook from the half price  book store ,I also promised myself to actually cook from it before I bought anymore so Cookbook Sundays will be right up my alley! (See the links).  For those of you who are visiting my blog for the first time welcome .My Usb cord is out so I will have to borrow images until I get that new one. I got the image fromwww.myrecipes.com and this recipe is linked to

www.girlichef.com,Just something I Whipped up,Tuesday night supper club,www.blessedwithgrace.net ,cookbook sundays@Brenda'sCanadianKitchen and
a beautiful mess

Comments

Christy said…
oh my goodness...your picture is stunning...just like a magazine! i love a creamy pasta. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club and Happy Thanksgiving!
Yum - looks delicious - never would have thought of alfredo sauce with shrimp, but that's a great idea :-)
Sue
Joanna said…
That pasta looks absolutely sinful!
girlichef said…
I have a MAJOR weakness for alfredo...w/ shrimp...w/ chicken...w/ veggies...w/ pasta...anything! This sounds delicous :D Thanks for sharing w/ the hearth and soul hop!
bookaddict4real said…
thanks everyone for stopping by I gotta be honest my USB cord is out so I had to get this image from a recipe site .I love all things pasta so don't be surprised to see more recipes like this!
Bonnie said…
This looks so fast and easy. I could eat a bowl or this.
Brenda said…
What a great recipe! So fast and easy but you it sounds absolutely delicious. I love Pillsbury recipes, I make them all the time. Thank you so much for linking up to Cookbook Sundays and my apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I hope you're having a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…