Skip to main content

Toffee cookie bars


1/2-3/4 cups of Heath Toffee Bits
1 package of Cookie mix( I used Krusteaz Mix)
1 egg
1/2 cup of butter softened

Stir Toffee bits,cookie mix and butter in a medium bowl . Stir together unitl dough forms, hand kneading if necessary. Press dough
into a lightlya lightly greased ,8x8x2 inch pan . Pan Bake 23-28 or until light golden brown makes 9-12 bars depending on how you cut this.

I realize this is short . The 8x8x2 inch pan was on sale! Actually the kids like this better than things I've made from scratch! I still got to pack, butI've already started my middle child with speech thearpy and I got to take the youngest back to the doctor so he can sign off
so I thought this was a nice treat for all of us. Ok mostly me that day I was stressed! I am linking up withhttp://www.girlichef.blogspot.com/
http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/

http://www.weloveiowa.blogspot.com/
http://www.asouthernfairytale.com/

http://www.somewhatsimple.com/
http://www.lifeaslori.blogspot.com/
http://www.firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

Comments

girlichef said…
Did you know that I'm a little bit addicted to toffee!? Seriously, I can eat it til my teeth ache (literally). These sound fabulous, thanks for sharing them with the hearth and soul hop this week! :)
Miz Helen said…
I love anything with Toffee. Your recipe looks great!
Thank you for sharing your recipe.
What a great recipe for those times when you don't have time on your side. Sounds delicious.
Sue
wacki04 said…
You had me at toffee! I'd love for you to stop by and share a recipe each and every Wednesday at What's Cooking Wednesday. I look forward to seeing you there :)

Cristi
http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/
scrapaddict4sure said…
Wow I am going to have to look
for some more recipes with Toffee in it!
Lisa said…
What a good, quick recipe to have on hand, especially since it doesn't require a lot of ingredients.

Popular posts from this blog

Bonus Recipes:Paula Deen's:Hearty Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
1 small zuccini sliced lenghwise
and cut crosswise into thin slices
1/2 cup onion
2 cups tightly packed fresh baby spinach
2 cups(14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil,garlic,and oregeno
2 cups chicken broth
1   (15-ounce) can Northern beans,drained
 1 cup frozen cut green beans,thawed
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1.In a Dutch oven ,melt butter over medium heat .  Add carrots,zucchini and  onion
cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 min or until vegetables are tender( more like an 1hour on low heat total
Add sinach stirring until wilted.
2.Add diced tomatoes,broth beans green beans,pepper and salt.Bring to boil :reduce heat and simmer.

For more of her recipes go here.

Variation
I omitted the spinach and Northern beans (my kids wouldn't have eaten it) I substituted.  Italian
style vegetables which has the zucchini and Italian style green beans and for a little more
something I pute…

My cookbook addiction

Hello my name is Cheryl and I'm addicted to really ,practical cookbooks! Yes I just posted on another Weight Watchers cookbook. I have no interest in the point system none whatsoever. This little factoid is how you know I just love buying, collecting and maintaining an extensive cook book collection. I only paid the $2.00 plus shipping and handling and got a real bargain! This is organized more like a traditional cookbook  soup and starters,breakfast and brunch,poultry,yeast breads,quick breads etc...I was a little disappointed with the slow cooker section.I use my slow cooker every week and was hoping for a little more to choose from. I am very pleased with vegetarian main dishes.We are not vegetarian or vegan just a busy Mama/college student trying to get my growing kids to eat more vegetables. I wish I had started with this and the One pot cookbook back in 2012 when I had the health scare this would have made eating healthy a whole lot simpler. I will be looking over both so I…