my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, October 25, 2010

Honey Sweet Cornbread

3/4 cup plus  tablespoons stone ground cornmeal
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons yaupon or other wildflower honey
1 large egg
1 teaspoon canola oil

 Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Stir in buttermilk and next 3 ingredient until well blended.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 9 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat.  Pour batter into skillet.
Bake at 450o for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden .  Makes 4 to 6 servings.

As you can see by the photo I used a 9x5 inch loaf pan .If you use this pan you have to adjust the cooking time for 30 to 40 minutes and use a toothpick to check the center to see if it's done(Toothpick should be clean) and if you are hard pressed for time you can always add the buttermilk ,honey and the canola oil to
cornbread mix. I am linking up with www.thegirlcreative.com,www.girlichef.com,weloveiowa.blogspot.com,
www.blessedwithgrace.net,www.bluecricketdesign.net

6 comments:

girlichef said...

Honey and cornbread...yes, please! Add butter to that mix and I'm a happy, happy girl ;) Sounds delish!! Thanks for sharing it with the hearth and soul hop this week.

Melynda said...

Very nice, I love cornbread. Add some butter and maybe a little more honey and you have breakfast! thanks.

Lisa said...

There's just nothing like a pan of freshly made cornbread. I'd eat this for breakfast or even a snack.

scrapaddict4sure said...

thanks for stopping by!

Butterpoweredbike said...

Cornbread is one of the only breads that we eat in our house. I love it! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

I like that this cornbread has honey in it - sounds delicious!

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.