my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Monday, August 23, 2010

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Sandra Lee's Black Forest Cupcakes





Black Forest Cupcakes



     Ingredients:


  • 1 (18.25 ounce) box of devil's food cake


  • 1 1/3 cups black cherry soda


  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil


  • 3eggs


  • 1 container of vanilla frosting


  • 2 teaspoons cherry extact


  • 1 to 2 drops pink food coloring
24 whole marashino cherries with stems


Directions

Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line 2(12 cup)muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine cake mix, soda, vegetable oil and eggs.
Using a hand mixer combine all ingredients batter will still be lumpy.
Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake 19 to 22 minutes,turning the pans
halfway through baking . remove to a rack and allow to cool completely.

In a large bowl combine frosting ,extract and pink food coloring
When cupcakes are cool  ice with pink cherry frosting  and top each with maraschino cherry.
 I got this recipe fromhttp://www.foodnetwork.com/ .  This is the next to the last Sandra Lee recipe
I will be featuring more baked goods in the upcoming months .  I did n't want a radical change all
at once.  I am linking up to http://www.thegirlcreative.blogspot.com/ ,www.thesmallstuff-cole.blogspot.com,wwww.thegirlcreative.blogspot.com
http://www.thesmallstuff-cole.blogspot.com/
http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/
Thanks for stopping by I love getting comments etc...




6 comments:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

Hello, I'm here from TGC link party. Beautiful blog and I love the cupcakes! I bet the black cherry soda adds a great flavor. Thanks for sharing :)

~Sarah

cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

thanks Sarah

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous picture, those cupcakes look perfect! I love the pink frosting. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great day.

Lisa said...

Oooh, yum! These look amazing!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yum! This sounds delish! They look georgeous!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Oh wow, I love that you put soda in these! They look and sound yummy.

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.