my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner:Sandra Lee's Catfish Sanwiches with Remoulade


Ingredients
1 1/2 pound catfish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1 box(8.5 oz) cornmuffin mix
2Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
1 egg
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Canola oil for frying

Remoulade
1 scallion,finey chopped
1 1/4 cups mayo
1 Tablesoon capers finely chopped
1 teaspoon Cajun sasoing
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice

Sandwiches
1 loaf store bought garlic bread baked per package directions
Butter lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced red onions

Catifish (directions)

Cut catfish fillets in half, set aside
In a pie dish or plate combine muffin mix and Cajun seasoning set aside.  In a pie dish lightly beat egg
with teaspoon  of water to make egg wash  set aside

Dredge each catfish fillet in the flour ,dip into egg wash and coat with corn muffin mixture
In a deef fryer or large pot heat oil over medium  to medium high heat to 375 degrees
Fry catfish until golden brown, about 6 minutes.  Remove to plate lined with paper towels
Cajun Remoulade
In a small bowl,stir together all ingredientss Set aside

Sandwiches 
Spread warm garlic bbread with Remoulade sauce.  Build sandwiches with Fried catfish and Remaining ingredients
This recipe was originally featured on Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade  Fry Fest episode for this and more
recipes go to www.foodnetwork.com

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh, this looks amazing! I could go for one right now for lunch! Thanks for sharing this recipe : )

scrapaddict4sure said...

Wow glad you liked it!

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.