my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Birda Mae's Recipe Corner :Special Offer and Emeril's Spiced Nuts

Here's a special offer from Jason  at http://www.hotsauceplanet.com/ will give you 15% off your entire order
(they have bbq sauces ,marinades,salsas, etc...) from June 3-Sept.30th Just enter the code scrap
 and now on to the next one
Emeril's Spiced Nuts

These only take 7 minutes to make

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons of water
1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
11/4tsp cayenne
1/4 ground cinnamon
1/2teaspoon of salt
                                                                                2 cups of  mixed nuts
  • Mix spices and reserve
  • Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook stirring frequently Until it begins to toast about  minutes
  • Transfer to a bowl and set aside
  • Add the butter,sugar,and water, and spices to the hot skillet and cook ,stirring until a glaze forms
  • About 1 minute
  • Return the nuts to the skillet and toss to combine glaze.
  • Cook for about1 to 2 minutes, or until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.
  • Remove from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil,separating with  fork.
Let rest until cooled and sugar has hardened , about 10 minutes . Store in airtight container.

I got this recipe from http://www.foodnetwork.com/

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.