my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birda Mae' s Recipe Corner:Grilled Sesame Wings

                                  

                                                      2- 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken wings
                                                      1/2 cup hoisin sauce
                                                       3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
                                                       2 Tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
                                                        2 Tablespoons soy sauce
                                                         1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
                                                        1-1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
                                                         2 garlic cloves smashed into a paste using edge of chef's knife
                                                         1/2  teaspoon ground cloves
                                                          1Tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions:
1.  Prepare a meduim hot charcoal fire .  With the  chef's knife cut off wing tips .  Separate the remaining wing pieces by cutting through the joint.  Transfer to a large bowl

2.  In  a small bowl,combine the hoisin sauce,sesame oil ,vinegar, soy sauce ginger, hot sauce, garlic and cloves. Whisk to combine and spoon out  2 Tablespoons to set aside.  Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken wings and toss to coat.

3.Grill the wings basting for the first 15 with any sauce left in the bowl and turning with tongs every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning. Continue to grill until all the wings are very dark,slightly crisp and cooked through
20-25 minutes total.  transfer the wings to a clean bowl, drizzle on the reserved sauce, sprinkely on the sesame seed and serve immediately with  plenty of napkins.  I got this recipe fromwww.recipe.com

2 comments:

tsue said...

Yummmm!

Following from Friday Follow me.
Glad to have found you!

http://tsue-thatswhatshesaid.blogspot.com

Cheryl@scrapaddict4sure said...

I guess I picked a good one this time
I will be featuring appetizers all this month

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.