my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birda Mae's recipe corner: Chicken Manicotti

Betty Crocker's Entertaining Basics: Learning to Entertain with Confidence           Chicken Manicotti
                                            You will need a 13x9 inch rectangular pan

                                        Ingredients
                                        1 jar(26 to 30 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
                                         1 teaspoon garlic salt
                                        1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders(not breaded)
                                        14 uncoooked manicotti shells(8 ounces)
                                        2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese(8ounces)
                                        Chopped fresh basil leaves if desired

                                         Directions
                                     1.  Heat the oven 350o.  Spread about 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the ungreased
                                          rectangular pan.

                                     2. Sprinkle the garlic salt over the chicken.  Fill the uncooked manicotti shells with
                                         chicken,stuffing chicken from each end of shell. Place filled shells on pasta sauce
                                         in the pan.

                                     3.  Pour the remaining pasta sauce evenly over the shells ,covering shells completely
                                          with sauce.  Sprinkle with cheese.

                                      4.  Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour 30 minutes or until
                                         shells are tender.  Sprinkle with basil.
                                      
                     Enjoy!

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.