my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Joy of Scrapbooking By Lisa Bearnson(completely revised and updated)

I am so glad they decided to revise and expand this.  If you are just starting out this book is perfect.  They will emphasize what is vital and supplies that you can buy later
on.  In fact the most helpful chapters in this book were:

Chapter 1 Basics
           -Scrapbook Essentials
            -Tips for Beginners
            -Ways to Save Time and Money


Chapter 4 Principles of  Design

              -Design Basics
                                                 -Tips For Working with Color
                                                   and Black and White Photos
                                                  -One Page and Two Page Layouts
                                                   -Ideas for Finding Your Style

                                      Chapter 6 Tools and Techniques

                                                 -Paper Types and Uses
                                                 -Cutting Tools and Uses
                                                 -Writing Implements and Uses
                                                 -Stickers ,Rub ons,Paints and More

                                       Chapter9 Digital Scrapbooking
                          
                                                -Basic Tools
                                                -Basic How to's
                                                -Ways to Display Digital Layouts
                                                 -Expert Q & A's

This one for my Scrapbooking Library.  Call me insecure but I dont like those other guides that have
Idiot or Dummy in the Title!  Besides all that It was easier on my eyes to look at it.  I appreciate the use
margins ..  I have been scrapbooking for 5 and half years and I wish I had this at the beginning.  So
what inspired you to try scrapbooking ?  Is there a Scrapbooking Personality that influenced your decision
to get into this Hobby?  For me it's Cathy Zielske and Ali Edwards Which is why I follow their blogs.

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.