my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Birda Mae's recipe corner:Banana Pudding Recipe

3 1/2 tablespooons all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups of sugar
Dash of salt
3 large eggs seperated
3cups of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1(12-ounce) package vanilla wafers
6 mediau banans
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1teaspoon vanilla extract

-Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.Beat egg yolks and milk stirring well.  Stir into dry ingredient,coook over medium heat,stirring constantly until smoohta nd thickened .Remove from heat:sir in 1 teaspoon vanilla

-Layer one-third of wafers in a 3 quart baking dish.  Slice 2 banans, and layer over wafers.  Pour one -third of custard over bananas.  Repeat layers twice

--Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.  Gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar.  1 Tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.  Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, and beat until blended.

-Spread meringue over custard, sealing to edge of dish . Bake at 325o for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.Yield 8servings

I got this recipe from "The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"

Let me know if you prifer the print recipes over the video tutorials or if you are ok with both

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.