my obessesion

my  obessesion
To live a creative life ,we must lose our fear of being wrong
Joseph Chilton Pearce

Friday, December 11, 2009

the scrapbooker's creativity kit by Claudine Hellmuth

Boy was I excited to get this baby in the mail! I got it for $2.45 on Amazon and even with the
shipping and handling was still a fraction of the retail cost.
Until I opened it.  The book that had the layouts done using the prompts was smaller than your child's
composition notebook!There are two decks of cards 30 word prompt cards and 30 color cards
both decks were double sided but didn't seem like alot.The layout were done by people already in the industry but the author didn't do not one layout herself and that was disappointing.(she does collage work
and had a few examples of her work) I think it would have been even more inspiring had she
took the time to do a few layouts herself.  Is this product useful .yes.  Is it vital? no.  I think 20 dollars
could be better spent on subscription to Creating Keepsaks or Scrapbooks Etc..

No comments:

yum

yum

About This blog

My fondest memoreis in my life are the ones at my grandmother's table.I loved not only the warm,velvety ,slightly sweet 7-up cake, but the affirmation that I was loved. What started out as a creative outlet and a place to honor her loving,generous spirit has evolved into a food blog where I can blather on about recipes, food trends, and basically any food related topic that foodies would like, ....you get the idea. I am sure my family and anyone I've been friendly with for more than 2 minutes will breathe a collective sigh of relief, since I don't have to dump my food conversations on them all the time. Also to mix things up I will share scrapbook pages. I want the blog to refect who I am and what I like to do when apart from being a full time Mama and part time college student.Thank you for sharing this journey of exploration with me.